Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mom vs Monkey

Last nite I was helping my 10 year old daughter get herself organized for upcoming practice spelling tests and real spelling tests. Because of her dyslexia she has this very convoluted, though logical way of taking spelling tests: she groups the words together so there is some kind of logic to them.

So I was writing up templates for the spelling tests. They looked something like this:

-ch
1.
2.
3.
4.

known words
1.
2.
3.
4.

-ic
1.
2.
3.

glued sounds
1.
2.
3.
4.

Weird words
1.
2.
3.
4.

Each of the titles is color coded, so I had to write the template and then color code properly. Then I had to put a box around "weird". And that is were it all fell apart. On one of the templates, I forgot to put a box around "weird". My daughter took one look at it and said to me, "I should have hired a monkey"!

I cracked up! She was totally slamming her mother, who has an MBA!

For a non-dylexic, I was doing the best I could!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment